Altus Receivables Management Reviews
When debt collectors reach out to you regarding an unpaid debt, it can feel overwhelming and stressful. One company from which you may receive debt collection calls is Altus GTS, Inc. If you are receiving phone calls from Altus, you may have several questions, such as who exactly is calling you, whether the company is legitimate, why you are receiving the calls, and more.
What Is Altus GTS, Inc.?
The debt collection agency known as Altus GTS, Inc. specializes in the collection and repayment of debts through businesses. The agency’s name may also appear as Altus Global Trade Solutions, Inc. or Altus Receivables Management.
As a firm for global business process outsourcing (BPO), Altus uses professional services and advanced technology to help businesses better control the credit-to-cash cycle. Regardless of a company’s needs, Altus can assist in various fields, such as commercial debt collection and accounts receivable (A/R) management.
At Altus, we help businesses of any size using ARM STRONG™, a best-in-class collection automation system focused on customers. This platform accelerates cash flow and automates debt collection. As the industry’s top commercial collections firm, we leverage the top collections technology.
Popular features of ARM STRONG include our Customer Portal and advanced reporting and analytics capabilities. With the Customer Portal, you have access anytime, anywhere, including on your mobile devices. All client data is protected and encrypted, and you can process different types of payments directly from the portal, including ACH, credit, debit, and electronic payments.
Is Altus Trust Management Legit?
Yes, Altus is a legitimate business. Altus was founded in Louisiana in 1994 and the headquarters are currently located in New Orleans, though we have several active locations around the nation. Altus Receivables Management has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1995 and holds an A+ rating.
Connect with Altus on LinkedIn to learn more about our agency.
Why Are You Receiving Phone Calls?
If you are receiving phone calls from Altus, you likely owe a debt. For example, you may have received a service from another business but have not yet paid, so the business reached out to Altus so that Altus could take over the debt collection efforts.
A debt collection agency works by purchasing past-due debts from businesses and creditors and then attempts to collect payments from consumers who owe the past-due debts.
If you set up a payment plan with Altus, you may receive follow-up calls regarding your upcoming payments to ensure that you continue to repay your debt.
Altus Receivables Management Complaints
Altus Receivables Management reviews from customers do not impact the company’s BBB rating calculation. Many debt collection agencies receive dozens of customer complaints due to the nature of the business, which is exactly why a company’s BBB rating does not reflect customer reviews.
What Are Your Options for Altus Collection Complaints?
If you have Altus collection complaints, you may be wondering what options you have. Here is what to do when you contact us about your possible debt:
- Prepare before the call: If you know you have an unpaid debt, get the relevant information in order before you receive a debt collection call, such as the amount you owe, the due date for the payment, and what you purchased.
- Request identification of the debt: After you are contacted by Altus, you should request identification of the debt. Altus may verify your debt via identification numbers from an online database or a letter detailing the bill.
- Hire an attorney: If it would make you more comfortable, you can hire an attorney who is experienced in handling debt collections. Then, they can assist you with the process and identify debt collector harassment versus legitimate debt collection efforts.
- Request the invoice: If you do not have an invoice, you can request one. Altus may offer to send you a copy of the invoice before you need to make your payment.
- Explain your financial situation: If you are currently struggling financially, share that with the debt collector so they can work with you to set up a payment plan that works for you. Rather than pay a large lump sum right now, you may be able to make a few smaller payments over time.
In rare cases, you may be contacted about a debt for which you have already made a payment. For example, you may have paid a debt via mail but it hasn’t been received yet. Be sure to record the check number, date, and amount to provide that information on a phone call with Altus.
Are the Practices of Altus GTS, Inc. Legal?
All legitimate debt collector practices are regulated by the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). If a debt collector seems threatening during a phone call, their behavior would violate the RFDCPA and the FDCPA.
Further, debt collectors are prohibited from extorting money via unscrupulous means. For example, if debt collectors take duplicate payments and the consumer pays double for the same debt, it would be illegal.
Other examples of illegal debt collection practices include:
- Excessive calling, meaning multiple phone calls in a single week
- Abusive language that’s belligerent, harassing, or violent
- Several calls late at night or early in the morning
- Threats of poor credit as a result of your debt
- Harassment of your family, friends, or co-workers
- Threats of arrest
Altus is a reputable debt collection agency that only relies on legal practices to recover debts for businesses. As a result, we have collections experience in various industries, such as:
- Financial services
- Medical wholesale
- Alternative lending
- Technology and software
- Distribution and transportation
- Media, publishing, and advertising
Altus GTS Inc. Contact Information
If you are interested in getting in touch with Altus regarding your options, utilize the contact information below to reach out to Altus customer service.
- Address of Altus Receivables Management: 2400 Veterans Blvd., #300 Kenner, LA 70062
- Address of Altus corporate headquarters: 2121 Airline Drive Suite 520, Metairie, LA 70001
- Toll-free phone number: 833-563-2707
- Fax number: 1-504-471-0948
- Locations: East Windsor, NJ; Denver, CO; Delray Beach, FL; Vancouver, WA; Toronto, ONT
If you are receiving debt collection calls, contact us at Altus to learn more about your options.